CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
MTSD will ensure that:-
- The lines of communication remain open between teaching staff and parents/guardians – any concerns in relation to child protection will be brought to attention, treated seriously and handled sensitively.
- Students are not discriminated against based on religion, race, background, age, gender, sexuality, medical condition or disability.
- All health and safety regulations are adhered to while a student is in the school’s care.
- All teaching staff hold appropriate insurance and DBS/CRB certificates.
- A student who displays offensive and/or disruptive language or behaviour will be excluded for the safety and protection of other members.
- Dance instruction is safe, well planned and up to date incorporating an age appropriate “warm up” and “cool down” where necessary to prevent injury.
- A register of attendance, a list of names and emergency contact numbers and important medical information on students is kept.
- Young students do not leave the premises without their parent/guardian or other authorised adult.
- Physical corrections are carried out carefully and sensitively.
Parents are reminded that:-
- MTSD is responsible for the students care within the boundaries of the hall where classes take place. We are not responsible for students in the changing room or elsewhere on the premises. During dress rehearsals and shows at the Amey Theatre, MTSD is responsible for children once they have signed in at the door and remain so until they sign out and exit the building.
- On enrolling your child, a registration form must be completed giving up to date information on contact details and medical conditions. MTSD needs to be informed in writing if any of these details change.
PHOTOGRAGHY AND VIDEO POLICY
There is an option to allow photos/videos at end of term displays and shows on our registration form. Only images and videos that are accompanied with a signed parental consent form will be used as publicity on the school website or social media.
Any information held by MTSD will be treated with the strictest confidence and will not be shared with a third party, other than the ISTD (our examining body) when students are entered for an exam.
We are always happy to receive feedback and welcome parents input. Email is the preferred method of contact as time between classes is so short. We aim to resolve any issues as quickly and smoothly as possible.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
MTSD will ensure that:-
- A risk assessment is conducted and regularly reviewed.
- Measures are taken to liaise with St Edmunds School and reduce any potential hazards.
- Appropriate control of risks to health and safety are taken when they arise unexpectedly during a class.
- Teaching staff are equipped with a first aid bag, are first aid trained and act accordingly in an emergency.
- Emphasis is put on safe dance practice when teaching.
FIRE EVACUATION POLICY
In the event of fire or on hearing the alarm, the teacher will chaperone the students in the class to the assembly point in the infant playground, take a register and contact the emergency services. Parents in the toilets/changing rooms are responsible for getting themselves and their children who are not in the class to the assembly point.